We recommend that you re-size your images to no larger than 960px wide. This is optimal for download speed of your gallery and overall website. If you would rather re-size your images after you upload your batch of images, follow the instructions below:
HOW TO RESIZE YOUR IMAGES
1) After uploading your gallery, go to Gallery >> Manage Gallery > select the gallery you wish to edit the images.
2) Select the ‘all’ selection box here (or you may opt to select and modify a single image at a time, in which case you would select the box next to the single image you wish to edit):
3) Select in ‘Bulk actions’ dropdown, the option to ‘Resize images’ and then click the ‘Apply’ button
4) A pop up window will appear where you can set the width of the image. NextGEN Gallery will keep aspect ratio intact. Once you are done, click ‘OK’ and NextGEN Gallery will make the changes
5) Once the process is complete, you should see the updated image size under the image information as shown in this screenshot:
6) Save changes and you’re done!
HOW TO SET YOUR IMAGE RESOLUTIONS
Go to Gallery >> Other Options > Thumbnail Options. Here, you may set ‘Thumbnail Quality’ by percentage, see:
For Full Gallery Images:
Go to Gallery >> Other Options > Image Options. Here, you may set image quality next to ‘What should images be resized to?’ setting, see: